Welcome To the Neighbourhood

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Jacob (Kapel) Seiler


From: Jacob S. {speedpeddler1@gmail.com}
Sent: May 11, 2005 10:17:12 PM
To: EZRA H. SEILER {e_z_seiler@hotmail.com}
Subject: Re: from the holy land

hey ezra,
I'm holding down the fort just fine, thanks for trusting me.
Actually, we broke up after the night she had a bad trip. She's with some guy from the suburbs now. Not too worried. There is a girl at one of my deliveries that wants to go out next week. Seems a little more stuffy than most, but then again, I see her at her work.
Got word from mom and dad. They're planning on heading west for chanukah this year. We won't be dealing with the whole family, again, it'll just be them and Deb for a couple weeks. And they won't be staying here. Dad has someone he knew from the university that he'll be staying with. Dr. Carlson?
Just wanted to give you the heads up, in case you get inspired to stay on longer to avoid another holiday chaos. If you're not back for chanukah, I'm laying claim on your stuff.
Hope you're keeping safe and enjoying your time in Israel.

-Kapel


-------------------


From: Jacob S. {speedpeddler1@gmail.com}
Sent: May 24, 2005 11:14:45 PM
To: Cats Meow {har23blind_fur@hotmail.com}
Subject: order

65 - 25mg ephedra

$40?

-Jacob


-------------------


From: Jacob S. {speedpeddler1@gmail.com}
Sent: May 25, 2005 2:21:52 PM
To: Hymie Seiler {hseiler@yorku.ca}
Subject: Ezra

Ezra emailed me last weekend and he said he's coming back at the end of June. He wanted to know if I could take a week off so we could have some time in Toronto before he heads back here. I won't be able to make it. La Grande Baguette tends to get a lot of wedding orders at that time and I'm already short-shifting the courier gig to make sure I don't lose my job with LGB. Any help from home would be appreciated.
Tell Deb and Mom I say hi and that I am sorry I won't be able to make it out this summer.

-Kapel


-------------------


From: Jacob S. {speedpeddler1@gmail.com}
Sent: May 26, 2005 1:35:02 AM
To: Cats Meow {har23blind_fur@hotmail.com}
Subject: Re: order

New customer. $48 okay?

-Jacob


-------------------


From: Jacob S. {speedpeddler1@gmail.com}
Sent: May 26, 2005 2:43:19 AM
To: Hymie Seiler {hseiler@yorku.ca}
Subject: Re: Ezra

How am I supposed to go to school when I work two jobs? I just don't have the time for it.
I'm not going to abandon Ezra out here because you'll put me up again for school. I was lousy then, I'll be lousy now. I seriously doubt Ezra's moving back to Toronto when he gets back from Israel. And if he does, I'm not going to abandon the friends I've made here. And don't start about how they're "no-good, dead-end junkie bums". Not everyone is an academic.

I appreciate your concern, but right now I just want to enjoy my time outside of school. Can't you ever let up on "my path"? I'll find "my path" eventually. I don't see what getting on my case is going to help.

I'll see if LGB will give me the time off. The courier place is overstaffed, so they're not going to mind if I need the time. I doubt I'll get a week, but I'll try to get a weekend, okay?

-Kapel

11 Comments:

  • Kapel is the pet form of Jacob, and I felt like incorporating a dual personality for Jacob. The family calls him Kapel, but know he goes by Jacob.

    His family, aside from Ezra, know little about his activities in the neighbourhood. Pressumably Ezra lives with Jacob when he's not travelling abroad, and it is Ezra's apartment.

    He's submissive to his family, but stands on his own two feet.

    By Blogger Corinne, at 5/26/2005 01:19:00 p.m.  

  • I like the way you did this via email. It shakes up the "form" we're starting to establish.

    Wow you're a prolific writer!

    By Blogger Briana Tomkinson, at 5/26/2005 02:23:00 p.m.  

  • It's difficult to show two distinct sides of a person in a short-short story. I chose the email as a means to communicate how he communicates. I wasn't interested in what other people were saying to him, but what he was saying to others.

    I'm an amazing procrastinator, but yes, I've always writen copious amounts.

    I have an essay due in two hours that I cannot seem to get going.

    By Blogger Corinne, at 5/26/2005 02:38:00 p.m.  

  • I feel your pain. I've been reading (and writing for!) this site all day, and I really need to get some work done. oops. :)

    I love all the character interactions so far! this is fun.

    By Blogger Donna, at 5/26/2005 02:49:00 p.m.  

  • It is indeed very distracting!

    By Blogger Briana Tomkinson, at 5/26/2005 02:53:00 p.m.  

  • I need someone to notice Jacob's email address! I thought it was funny!

    :P

    By Blogger Corinne, at 5/26/2005 02:53:00 p.m.  

  • corinne: yeah, I'll bet his family *loves* it.. ;)

    By Blogger Donna, at 5/26/2005 02:59:00 p.m.  

  • He's a bike-courier! Double-entendres! Oh, you love it!

    By Blogger Corinne, at 5/26/2005 03:01:00 p.m.  

  • hah! you're right, that *is* witty. (I hadn't noticed the bike courier thing prior.) :)

    By Blogger Donna, at 5/26/2005 03:46:00 p.m.  

  • Whoa. That was cool. What if they blogged... here?

    By Blogger AWGB, at 5/26/2005 07:14:00 p.m.  

  • Yay, a character interaction with one of mine already! I love it!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/26/2005 10:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home