Welcome To the Neighbourhood

Monday, May 30, 2005

Admin note

A few people have expressed concerns about keeping track of who's doing what in terms of story threads. I've made a post (now linked from the sidebar, along with Troy's character chart and plot convergence) where we can leave a comment "claiming" a character or plot thread we're working on right now.

This method okay with everyone? If it's not working after a bit we can try something else, but I want to try and keep the main blog page story-focused as much as possible.

The other thing I was thinking about is that maybe when we write a story that draws from previous stories we can include permalinks back to the originals at the end of each piece. That way it's easier for people to follow the story threads backwards. What do you think?

6 Comments:

  • I was thinking about this sort of thing too... How about I set up a wiki for the site, where we can keep and easily edit documents on the characters, as well as any "rules" to follow.

    It should be relatively easy to set up on my server at home.

    The permalink thing might be difficult... How about we link back to the last entry of every storyline we're continuing. A reader could then hop back to the original.

    By Blogger Gillian, at 5/30/2005 09:56:00 a.m.  

  • Yes that's what I mean - just link back to the story or stories that inspired you.

    A wiki would be great. I was thinking about that, but I don't know how to set one up. If you would, that would be excellent. We might still want to keep track of who's writing what here, but in terms of consistency it would be much easier if we could all contribute and edit on a wiki.

    Thanks Gillian!

    By Blogger Briana Tomkinson, at 5/30/2005 10:02:00 a.m.  

  • Sounds good to me.

    By Blogger AWGB, at 5/30/2005 12:54:00 p.m.  

  • Okay, it'll probably have to wait until the weekend though to be set up. I may ask on my personal blog for suggestions on which wiki to use.

    This is such a fun project!

    By Blogger Gillian, at 5/30/2005 01:36:00 p.m.  

  • Gillian said:
    This is such a fun project!

    In TV-Doctor terminology, I would have to say that "I concur".

    By Blogger AWGB, at 5/30/2005 01:55:00 p.m.  

  • I have the weirdest knack for keeping all these people sorted in my head...

    The wiki sounds like a great piece for referencing.

    By Blogger Corinne, at 5/30/2005 02:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home